Do you drive on MD 4 through Huntingtown?
Do you want more traffic?
We don’t! This traffic will happen if Huntingtown Town Center expands to the east, as it is currently mapped in the 1st draft of the Comprehensive Plan rewrite.
Tell Planning & Zoning that you don’t want Huntingtown Town Center to expand across MD 4!
Huntingtown Citizens Association (HCA) invites all Huntingtown citizens to a general meeting on Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. We have gathered the most recent information to share with citizens on the status of proposed site plans in our town, Comprehensive Plan update, expansion of Town Center across RT 4 and change of Town Center to Village. Also learn where to send your opinions and how to get involved. Meeting will be at the Huntingtown United Methodist Church, 4020 Hunting Creek Rd in Huntingtown. Please direct questions to email@example.com
Huntingtown Citizens Association (HCA) Leadership Meeting Sunday October 15, 2017 7pm
Present: Andrea H, Erin K, Sue D, Jackie C, Terry P
- Last leader meeting Sun 7/9/17 @ member’s home. Minutes ok? yes
Prep for General Meeting 11/5
- Next HCA general meeting Sunday 11/5/2017 at 630pm. Update citizens on topics from poll of members in order of most popular first:
- Site Plan status of Fastop & Life Church
- Erin K will present & attend TEG meeting 10/25 for latest info
- Town Center expansion across Rt 4 @ Cox Rd/ Comp Plan update
- Andrea H will present & attend PC meeting 10/18 & special PC meeting 10/25 for latest
- Growth Tier Act (water & sewer) 1 mile radius
- Andrea will present
- Sign Regulations
- Erin will present. Comments submitted for record to P&Z 20% in favor current Sign Reg draft, 70% opposed 10% neutral.
- Erin suggests having info on hand on the emerg communications tower behind annex.
- Erin secured HUM Church. Andrea will notify newspapers. To contact Ch 6 ask Heather in Economic Development. Also you can go online on county web site and post your own events. Skyrm@calvertcountymd.gov
- Citizens suggested inviting P&Z but they don’t work on Sundays. Invite them anyhow just in case.
- BOCC admin Lisa Tolomei contacted Erin for 11/5 meeting details to put on BOCC calendar. Perhaps Pat Nutter will attend? Erin will e-mail Lisa to see if BOCC attends, just to listen, needs time to present, will answer questions, etc so we can adjust our schedules. (Lisa Tolomei is admin asst to Maureen L. Frederick, Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners.)
- Andrea suggests diving up the audience into 2 maybe 3 groups and rotations through stations. Avoids need for power point, can use handouts, more intimate for Q&A with BOCC member, etc.
This coming Wednesday 10/25/2017 @ 7pm the Calvert County Planning Commission will have a special meeting on the Comprehensive Plan. It will be held at 205 Main Street in Prince Frederick (corner of Main & Duke St).
The Planning Commission(PC) makes sure development approved is in line with the Comprehensive Master Plan. This plan guides the future of our county. This plan is in the update/rewrite process. The first draft will be presented by consultant on 10/25. Comp Plan 1st Draft click here.
Important stuff: Village of Huntingtown expanding across RT4 at Cox Rd, Priority Funding area(PFA), directing growth to town centers AND villages, base permitted density (how may dwelling units per acre, what’s allowed, apts, condo, townhomes).
Huntingtown Citizens Association(HCA)
7pm Wednesday Aug 30th @ 205 Main Street in Prince Frederick. (Corner of Main & Duke St.) Huntingtown is on the agenda so our voices are being heard!
Special Meeting & Presentation to the Planning Commission on the Comprehensive Plan strategies & Future Land Use Plan. Learn how Huntingtown is affected by these. Town center(TC) or village? Expanding across MD 2/4 @ Cox Rd? Suburban Residential? Public water & sewer? Major subdivisions? Apartments & Condos? (Our petition is on the agenda too.)
Can’t attend? Share with your neighbor, friend, HOA board, etc. and read up on it below by clicking the blue links. Thank you for your support to date!
Please look at the chart (linked below) for where EMCs – Electronic Message Centers – like what is at the Magic Tunnel Car Wash in PF – are allowed. Does Huntingtown want these signs? Do YOU want these signs?
To have your voice heard on this issue, please consider attending the next Planning Commission & BOCC joint meeting on this issue.
The meeting will be held Tuesday, August 22nd, 7pm at Calvert Pines Senior Center, 450 West Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick, MD20678