We read all 196 pages on the Comp Plan 2nd draft. Here are some Huntingtown highlights. Please share. More to come…
- Huntingtown remains a minor town center (not a village) and all Town Centers are GROWTH AREAS. (ES-4, page 7)
- The Future Land Use Map at 3-14 page 46 has some coloring problems. Rural residential and residential are both a yellow color, and it is not clear what surrounds Huntingtown. This is CRITICAL as residential is supposed to be mapped areas about 1 mile from a Major Town Center and their conventional density can be increased using TDR’s to 4 dwelling units per acre. Developer funded public water and sewer may be needed to reach this. (Think one red Monopoly hotel per acre OR 4 little green Monopoly houses on the same acre.) RURAL residential would only permit one lot per 20 acres and growth is directed away from here. (3-12, pg 44)
- “The plan retains the policy of permitting higher residential density with the use of TDR’s within a one-mile radius of a defined central point for Minor Town Centers of Owings, Huntingtown and St Leonard.” That is exactly the opposite of the above is described in 3-21 page 53. so which is it?
- “Using wastewater treatment facilities…to attract and direct growth to…locations within Town Centers.? (1-5, pg 23)
- Huntingtown is spelled wrong as Huntingtown several times. (ES-5, pg 8) (3-14 pg 46). This thing obviously needs more serious work by our Planning staff and should NOT be sent out to neighboring counties and State of MD agencies. That would be embarrassing.
Put 2nd draft in the subject line and e-mail your thoughts to the Planning Commission: firstname.lastname@example.org AND Carolyn.Sunderland@calvertcountymd.gov
County wide effects of this 2nd draft plan summarized: Keep Calvert County
If you read this far, please share this with your neighbor or friend, especially somone who is not tech saavy, does not use Facebook, etc. They need to know too. Thank you.